Each year Soroptimist International of the Rim of the World Communities bestows funds on organizations, churches and local businesses during their always exciting awards ceremony and this morning’s event was certainly no different.
During the morning event excited (and grateful) recipients accepted their awards with great thanks to this local chapter of Soroptimist International which supports the Rim of the World communities in so many different ways. This annual financial awards breakfast (at 7:30 a.m. at the beautiful Lake Arrowhead Resort) was the culmination of a dream for so many different agencies and groups. Congratulations to all of the local organizations who received funding and congratulations to the Soroptimist members who continues helping the Rim of the World communities (especially women) in so many different ways. These “scholarships” that were awarded this morning prove the point that Soroptimist members love their communities and are willing to support local residents in so many, many different ways.
Congratulations to the following organizations, churches or other local organizations or businesses who received awards this morning: * Mountain Fifes and Drums received funding for their upcoming trip To Washington, D.C.
* Lake Arrowhead Communities Chamber of Commerce for their upcoming Special Olympics Host Town program.
* Mountains Community Hospital Foundation for the hospital’s skilled nursing facility.
* Rim Education Foundation received funds to help the Rim School District continue programs that support local Rim of the World School District teachers with programs and learning needs.
* Joyce Savage and Polly Sauer, on behalf of their annual Multiple Schlerosis walk for the cure. These two women raise thousands of dollars for this worthwhile endeavor to eradicate MS.
* Camp Paivika received funds for “Ability First” camp programs. The camp’s director, Kelly Kunesek, received the donation.
* Rim of the World High School Girls Basketball. The funds will be used to help fund the annual awards banquet that honors the sportsmanship and strength of this girl’s great sport.
* Mount Calvary Lutheran Church received funding for the church’s “Early Education Ipads” program.
* “Angels in Waiting” received their funds to continue their outreach in the mountain communities.
* The Lake Arrowhead Classical Ballet Company received funds to provide scholarships to dance students.
* The Mountain Communities Boys and Girls Club, Incorporated was represented by Stephen Tilden who happily received their financial award.
* Lake Arrowhead Elementary PTA received funding for art supplies for the Lake Arrowhead Elementary’s PTA program entitled “Meet the Masters.”
Each year this is one of those special events that is held as the school year is drawing to a close and it is always fun and exciting to hear about how local mountain Soroptimist members can help, in so many different ways, the communities they love and serve. The honorees are always grateful that they have been selected to receive funding. As we know, in small communities many women are good at juggling and this event is one of those reminders. We have fabulous, creative women in this mountain chapter and they are generous and loving and supportive to so many local mountain programs and groups.
Way to go ladies! You’ve done it again and I know the mountain communities and the residents that live in these communities thank you for your dedication, your interest and the support you show through this program each and every year!